Chameleon16 is a hand-crafted TrueType pixel font for Macintosh and Windows designed by SimpleBits and available here at the IconShoppe. The font features standard alphanumeric characters as well as all 70 Chameleon Original icons as alternate characters.
Full Font Preview
Blue lines are added above to combat theft.
Frequently Asked Questions
- What format is the font?
- Chameleon16 is a TrueType font (.ttf) for Mac and Windows.
- What are the optimal font settings for Chameleon16?
- It’s designed to be set at 16px with anti-aliasing turned OFF. A line-height of 18px works well. You can also resize the font in multiples of 16 (32px, 48px, etc.) for extra-large blocky goodness.
- How do I access the alternate icon characters?
- Use the
optionkeys to access the icon characters on the Mac, and use the
alt key + keycodein Windows.
- How do I install the font in OS X?
- Simply drag the font file to the
Fontsfolder located in either your main
Libraryfolder, or your
Libraryfolder under your User folder. Or use FontBook, the free font utility management application bundled with OS X. Launch the app and drag the font file over to the “Font” column.
- How do I install the font in Windows?
- From the Control Panel, choose the
Fontsfolder (select “Switch to Classic View” if you don’t see it). Drag the font file into the
Fontswindow, or choose “Install New Font” from the
Filemenu in the Fonts window. Choose the location where the font file is, making sure “Copy Fonts to Fonts Folder” box is checked. Select “OK”.
IconShoppe Font License Agreement
Grant of License
The purchase of this software grants you the non-exclusive right to use and display a copy of the software on up to five (5) computers with attached monitors and printers at any one time. You agree not to redistribute, sell, license, transfer or duplicate the font in any way.
This software is copyrighted and contains intellectual property information protected by law. You’re not allowed to make copies of the font and give them away. You may give a copy of this software to any service bureau, which you hire to output your film, paper or color proofs, provided that they do not use the typefaces for any purpose other than outputting your work. They may keep the fonts on file for use with future jobs on your behalf. You agree that if these fonts are opened in Fontographer or any other type modification software, you may alter fonts for your own specific design purposes, but agree not save the adapted versions for the purpose of reselling them as new fonts.
These fonts may be used within portable electronic documents with the following limitations:
- IconShoppe fonts may be embedded into electronic documents such as the PDF (Portable Document Format) files created by Adobe Acrobat. If different software is used to create these electronic documents, it is necessary to ensure that when the documents are made available to other users, the actual font files will not accessible to the recipients of your files. Font embedding, or conversion into a GIF or JPEG format is required before any distribution can take place. Using Adobe Illustrator or any similar applications which convert the font characters into editable outlines (which are easily accessible to document recipients), is NOT an acceptable means of producing an electronic document for distribution.
- With the exception of documents produced for internal company use and for font cataloging at your site, it is prohibited for an electronic document OR a printed document to be distributed externally if it resembles a font sample (showing numerous characters from the font in sequential order: A-Z, a-z, 0-9, etc.) or has all or a large percentage of the characters from the font without any apparent reason for their inclusion in the text.
Transfer of Ownership
You may not sell, lease, sublicense, or otherwise assign any rights, duties or obligations under this agreement, in whole or in part, to any person or entity.
If you have purchased IconShoppe fonts you are licensed to use them on up to five different computers. If you plan to install the font software on more than five computers, or if you plan to install the software onto a local area network so that it will be accessible to more than five computers, the purchase of a Multiple-User Licensing Fee is necessary. Please email icons (at) iconshoppe dot com for more information.
Disclaimer and Limited Warranty
The font and accompanying written materials are provided “as is” without warranty of any kind, express or implied, and IconShoppe does not make any representations regarding the results from the use of the software or the written materials in terms of correctness, accuracy, reliability, currentness or otherwise.
IconShoppe expressly reserves the right to make changes to the content, materials, software or the terms of sale on this site at any time without notice or obligation. IconShoppe shall have no obligation to change, update or correct any error that may exist in any content, material or software found or downloaded from this site.